Thursday 28 May 2015

My Greenhouse dreams...

Okay I know I said I was going to blog about Wendy houses and organic healthy gardening at first but I got a little carried away and got the idea for writing this post instead. This post about greenhouses, something I know very little about but has always intrigued me. I you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about you have to go and check this out, it’s amazing – so beautiful. See the picture below:

The first I probably save a greenhouse was in a movie of some kind – impossible to remember which one but I remember thinking: “That pretty cool, imagine having one at your one home”. Having a greenhouse at my own house quickly became part of my top 10 list for my ultimate home. Now why would this sound so great to me, it’s just a glass room with a bunch of plants in them? Well, ever since a few years ago I changed my whole perspective on healthy living. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been very healthy but some of that was just be dumb luck, not by understanding everything. It was only until I started understanding the true health potential there is from eating healthy, organically and fresh vegetables that my perspective changed.

So without knowing what a greenhouse is for I had the idea in mind my of having my own little paradise one day with a huge greenhouse on it. In this greenhouse you would find all different kinds of vegetables, these would all be grown organically and would even be enough to feed my whole family. Apart from that I’d even have a few chickens laying eggs for me and a cow or 2 because I need my milk! Haha, sounds like a strange little dream?

Well I went and did some research into the matter and according to Wikipedia which you can read more about here

a greenhouse is: “A greenhouse (also called a glasshouse or a hothouse) is a building or complex in which plants are grown. These structures range in size from small sheds to industrial-sized buildings. A miniature greenhouse is known as a cold frame.”
According to Wikipedia greenhouses have many uses but some of the most efficient is the ability to control the growing environment of plants including temperature, humidity, light, shade and so forth. It’s a very effective solution to helping farmers or people when there are difficulties with a land’s quality.

Okay so obviously I neglected to mention that these greenhouses aren’t always just for growing plants that you can eat but also for display. It’s still pretty cool in my book. Just for the sake of it I went over to Amazon and searched for Greenhouses just to see what I can find. It seems that there are quite a few different designs when it comes to greenhouses. You might even be able to set one up in your yard for only a few bucks. I’d suggest you go and take a look at Amazon yourself for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment